Waberer’s Group has completed the acquisition of a dominant player in the Serbian distribution market

By: Trademagazin Date: 2024. 04. 01. 11:54

It took a significant step in the implementation of Waberer’s Group’s strategy after successfully closing the acquisition of the majority stake in MD International, a key player in the Serbian distribution market. MDI’s main activities include distribution, road transport and warehousing, so it fits well into the portfolio of the Hungarian logistics giant and effectively supports Waberer’s strategic goal of becoming the number one complex logistics service provider in the region.

The Waberer’s Group successfully closed the Serbian acquisition announced last October, so the Hungarian logistics giant acquired the majority, 55 percent ownership share of MD International (MDI), while it obtained an option to purchase the remaining 45 percent share. The strategic importance of the transaction is shown by the fact that MDI, founded in 1997, is a key player in the Serbian FMCG distribution market, its main activities are domestic (Serbian) distribution, road transport (mainly delivery to commercial chains with vans and vans) and warehousing. MDI’s strong position is shown by its typically 10-20-year collaborations with multinational and local FMCG partners, and the land it owns, with a favorable location, is ideal for further warehouse development. The company employs nearly 300 people, its logistics centers are in Belgrade, Niš, Novi Sad and Čačak with a total of nearly 10,000 square meters of warehouse space. Based on preliminary data, the Serbian company’s sales revenue in 2023 was 55 million, its EBIT was 2 million euros, while its profit after tax was 1.8 million euros.

Related news